Home improvement projects may be on your mind now that the weather will be warmer and there will be more opportunities to be outside. There are small ways you can freshen up your home for springtime to help keep it organized and maintained, as well as give a boost to your home’s curb appeal.
Whether you are staying in your home or are planning to sell, below are a few areas to consider.
Freshen Up Your Home’s Interior
- Wash or wipe down walls and touch up paint if needed. Dust and smudges can build up, and small nicks from furniture being moved can happen over time. Inspect your walls to see if they need a quick touch up.
- Declutter drawers, closets, and cabinets. Don’t forget your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator, too. Remove the refrigerator drawers if you are able in order to wipe them out and wipe the shelves before putting items back in place.
- Look at less obvious places like the tops of cabinets, bookcases, curtains, lampshades, etc., and dust if needed.
Freshen Up Your Home’s Exterior
Remember to check with your HOA for guidelines and approvals needed for any work being done on your home.
- Add colorful, blooming plants to brighten up your flower beds and add new mulch if needed.
- Check your deck or patio for loose stones or boards, cracks, or other damage and make any necessary repairs.
- Clean and examine your exterior lighting. Do any lightbulbs need to be replaced?
Renew and invigorate your Reston home by freshening up the interior and exterior for springtime in these small ways. It doesn’t take a lot of time or effort to make your home ready for the warmer weather ahead.