It’s time to start thinking about preparing your Reston home for spring and warmer weather. Below are a few ideas for items and areas around your home to inspect and perform maintenance if needed.
Your Home’s Yard and Exterior
- Clean your gutters to ensure they are free of any debris. Also, check your gutters to make sure they haven’t been damaged or have come loose from snow or ice.
- Turn the water to your exterior hose faucets back on to check for damage and see if they are working properly.
- Check around your outdoor air conditioning unit for any plants or shrubs that need to be trimmed. This will help increase airflow to the AC compressor. You may also want to have an HVAC professional inspect your air conditioning unit and system and provide any service if needed.
Your Home’s Interior
You may have been inside all winter, but it’s important to be sure everything is in top shape with warmer spring weather on the way.
- Summer is only a few months away. Make certain your HVAC system is in good working order so you don’t have any surprises when you really need it. Also, be sure to replace any filters if necessary.
- Examine your attic. Look for any signs of roof leaks or other issues such as cracks or blocked vents.
- Check your doors and windows to make sure they are sealed properly and to see if any weatherstripping needs to be added or replaced. This will help maintain your home’s temperature, as well as help save energy.
Plan and Obtain Approvals for Your Warm Weather Home Projects
With warmer weather approaching, you may already have some maintenance or other outdoor home projects in mind. Be sure to check HOA guidelines and get any necessary approvals.
Ensure your home is ready for warmer weather now and be ready for spring!