You might think it’s better to wait until spring or summer to sell your home with the holiday season, days getting shorter and weather getting colder. However, you can successfully sell your Reston home in the winter months with some planning and preparation. People who are in the market to buy a home are still looking!
Create Curb Appeal
While it’s not the time of year for most flowers and plants to be in bloom in the Reston area, you can still add some curb appeal.
- Trim shrubs and bushes.
- Rake leaves and freshen up flowerbeds and landscaping with new mulch.
- Make your front porch and entryway inviting with a welcome mat or a decoration on your door that has a colorful ribbon or bow.
Remove Any Hazards
- Sweep your front porch and walkway on a regular basis to remove any debris.
- Check the lighting on your front porch, walkway, and driveway, and replace any bulbs if needed.
- Keep a shovel or broom handy to remove any snow or ice from your driveway, walkway, porch, deck, etc.
- If you install holiday lights (exterior or interior), place cords and wires where they will not cause tripping or fire hazards.
Showcase Your Space
- Remove clutter to showcase all the space that is available. If you are selling your home during the holiday season, try to keep decorations simple.
- Open your window curtains or blinds to maximize natural light. Use lamps and other lighting to provide enough light for buyers to see the rooms.
- Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
The O’Gorman Team Can Help
Thinking of listing your home? The O’Gorman Team is here to help.
We’ve helped clients sell their Reston homes during the winter months — and every season of the year! We’re experts in the Reston real estate market, and we can guide you through the home selling process to ensure you have a smooth and successful sale.
Whether you are listing your home or looking to purchase, contact The O’Gorman Team for your real estate needs.