Summer Fun in Your Reston Backyard
Looking for some great ways to spend the summer outdoors? You don’t have to go beyond your own backyard. Here are ideas for summer fun in (and around) your Reston backyard.
Activities Right Outside Your Door
Have some fun without having to pack or spend time on travel. A little thought and time can help you create great activities for summer fun in your own backyard for kids of all ages.
Here are a few ideas for outdoor activities to get your inspiration flowing:
- Try a different spin on your traditional pencil and paper tic-tac-toe game and make a giant outdoor board out of hula hoops
- Make an inexpensive bean bag toss game using bowls or buckets.
- Create activities like an obstacle course or ring toss game crafted from pool noodles.
Not at Home, but Close to Home
There are also summer activities offered in your backyard of Reston.
- Visit one of Reston’s parks or recreation areas
- Go for a swim at a pool or join a program at a Reston Aquatics
- Have fun on the water with a boat rental
- Enjoy a movie in the park with your family
Reston also offers a variety of baseball, softball and soccer fields, as well as outdoor tennis courts.
Be certain to check the webpages of all Reston facilities and activities for COVID-19 guidelines, information, and schedules before you go.
Take Lunch and Dinner Outside
Enjoy the nice summer days and evenings and plan a few meals outdoors.
Hamburgers and hot dogs are definitely must-have items on summer grill menus. With so many great grilling recipes and ideas out there, though, you can expand the scope of what you can prepare on the grill for your meal times, or maybe have a new take on your favorite grilled food.
Vegetables on the grill are good, too. Grilled corn, squash, or a mix of vegetables can be quick to make.
End your summer evening on a delicious note with dessert. You can make some treats such as s’mores outside or indoors.
Enjoy your time and have some summer fun in your own Reston backyard! Don’t forget to apply your sunscreen!